Wednesday, December 12, 2012

FRIENDSHIP and RELATIONSHIP: according to the Bible


1Jn 4:11  Dear friends, since God loved us this much, we must love each other.
1Jn 4:7  My dear friends, we must love each other. Love comes from God, and when we love each other, it shows that we have been given new life. We are now God's children, and we know him.

Pro 24:26  Giving an honest answer is a sign of true friendship.
Pro 27:9  The sweet smell of incense can make you feel good, but true friendship is better still.
Pro 13:20  Wise friends make you wise, but you hurt yourself by going around with fools.
Pro 14:22  It's a mistake to make evil plans, but you will have loyal friends if you want to do right.
Pro 16:7  When we please the LORD, even our enemies make friends with us.
Pro 16:28  Gossip is no good! It causes hard feelings and comes between friends.
Pro 17:9  You will keep your friends if you forgive them, but you will lose your friends if you keep talking about what they did wrong.
Pro 19:6  Everyone tries to be friends of those who can help them.
Pro 19:7  If you are poor, your own relatives reject you, and your friends are worse. When you really need them, they are not there.
Pro 21:10  Evil people want to do wrong, even to their friends.
Pro 22:24  Don't make friends with anyone who has a bad temper.
Pro 24:1  Don't be jealous of crooks or want to be their friends.
Pro 24:21  My children, you must respect the LORD and the king, and you must not make friends with anyone who rebels against either of them.
Pro 25:17  Don't visit friends too often, or they will get tired of it and start hating you.
Pro 25:18  Telling lies about friends is like attacking them with clubs and swords and sharp arrows.
Pro 27:17  Just as iron sharpens iron, friends sharpen the minds of each other.
Pro 28:7  It makes good sense to obey the Law of God, but you disgrace your parents if you make friends with worthless nobodies.
Pro 29:26  Many try to make friends with a ruler, but justice comes from the LORD.

Ecc 10:12  If you talk sensibly, you will have friends; if you talk foolishly, you will destroy yourself.

Pro 11:27  Try hard to do right, and you will win friends; go looking for trouble, and you will find it.
Pro 3:32  The LORD doesn't like anyone who is dishonest, but he lets good people be his friends.
Pro 7:4  Let wisdom be your sister and make common sense your closest friend.
Pro 8:12  I am Wisdom --Common Sense is my closest friend; I possess knowledge and sound judgment.
Pro 11:13  A gossip tells everything, but a true friend will keep a secret.
Pro 12:22  The LORD hates every liar, but he is the friend of all who can be trusted.
Pro 17:17  A friend is always a friend, and relatives are born to share our troubles.
Pro 18:19  Making up with a friend you have offended is harder than breaking through a city wall.
Pro 18:24  Some friends don't help, but a true friend is closer than your own family.
Pro 22:11  The king is the friend of all who are sincere and speak with kindness.
Pro 25:19  A friend you can't trust in times of trouble is like having a toothache or a sore foot.
Pro 27:5  A truly good friend will openly correct you.
Pro 27:6  You can trust a friend who corrects you, but kisses from an enemy are nothing but lies.
Pro 27:10  Don't desert an old friend of your family or visit your relatives when you are in trouble. A friend nearby is better than relatives far away.

Ecc 4:9  You are better off to have a friend than to be all alone, because then you will get more enjoyment out of what you earn.
Ecc 4:10  If you fall, your friend can help you up. But if you fall without having a friend nearby, you are really in trouble.

Psa 25:14  Our LORD, you are the friend of your worshipers, and you make an agreement with all of us.
Psa 30:7  You, LORD, were my friend, and you made me strong as a mighty mountain. But when you hid your face, I was crushed.
Psa 35:14  as I would for a friend or a relative. I was in sorrow and mourned, as I would for my mother.
Psa 101:5  Anyone who spreads gossip will be silenced, and no one who is conceited will be my friend.
Psa 62:8  Trust God, my friends, and always tell him each one of your concerns. God is our place of safety.
Psa 122:8  Because of my friends and my relatives, I will pray for peace.

Mat 5:47  If you greet only your friends, what's so great about that? Don't even unbelievers do that?

Luk 14:12  Then Jesus said to the man who had invited him: When you give a dinner or a banquet, don't invite your friends and family and relatives and rich neighbors. If you do, they will invite you in return, and you will be paid back.
Luk 16:9  My disciples, I tell you to use wicked wealth to make friends for yourselves. Then when it is gone, you will be welcomed into an eternal home.

Joh 15:13  The greatest way to show love for friends is to die for them.
Joh 15:14  And you are my friends, if you obey me.
Joh 15:15  Servants don't know what their master is doing, and so I don't speak to you as my servants. I speak to you as my friends, and I have told you everything that my Father has told me.

Rom 8:12  My dear friends, we must not live to satisfy our desires.
Rom 12:1  Dear friends, God is good. So I beg you to offer your bodies to him as a living sacrifice, pure and pleasing. That's the most sensible way to serve God.
Rom 12:16  Be friendly with everyone. Don't be proud and feel that you are smarter than others. Make friends with ordinary people.
Rom 12:19  Dear friends, don't try to get even. Let God take revenge. In the Scriptures the Lord says, "I am the one to take revenge and pay them back."

1Co 14:20  My friends, stop thinking like children. Think like mature people and be as innocent as tiny babies.
1Co 15:33  Don't fool yourselves. Bad friends will destroy you.
1Co 15:50  My friends, I want you to know that our bodies of flesh and blood will decay. This means that they cannot share in God's kingdom, which lasts forever.
1Co 15:58  My dear friends, stand firm and don't be shaken. Always keep busy working for the Lord. You know that everything you do for him is worthwhile.

2Co 7:1  My friends, God has made us these promises. So we should stay away from everything that keeps our bodies and spirits from being clean. We should honor God and try to be completely like him.

Gal 5:13  My friends, you were chosen to be free. So don't use your freedom as an excuse to do anything you want. Use it as an opportunity to serve each other with love.
Gal 6:1  My friends, you are spiritual. So if someone is trapped in sin, you should gently lead that person back to the right path. But watch out, and don't be tempted yourself.

Php 4:1  Dear friends, I love you and long to see you. Please keep on being faithful to the Lord. You are my pride and joy.

1Th 5:14  My friends, we beg you to warn anyone who isn't living right. Encourage anyone who feels left out, help all who are weak, and be patient with everyone.

2Th 3:13  Dear friends, you must never become tired of doing right.

Heb 3:12  My friends, watch out! Don't let evil thoughts or doubts make any of you turn from the living God.

Jas 1:2  My friends, be glad, even if you have a lot of trouble.
Jas 1:19  My dear friends, you should be quick to listen and slow to speak or to get angry.
Jas 2:5  My dear friends, pay attention. God has given a lot of faith to the poor people in this world. He has also promised them a share in his kingdom that he will give to everyone who loves him.
Jas 2:14  My friends, what good is it to say you have faith, when you don't do anything to show that you really do have faith? Can that kind of faith save you?
Jas 3:1  My friends, we should not all try to become teachers. In fact, teachers will be judged more strictly than others.
Jas 3:9  My dear friends, with our tongues we speak both praises and curses. We praise our Lord and Father, and we curse people who were created to be like God, and this isn't right.
Jas 4:11  My friends, don't say cruel things about others! If you do, or if you condemn others, you are condemning God's Law. And if you condemn the Law, you put yourself above the Law and refuse to obey either it
Jas 5:7  My friends, be patient until the Lord returns. Think of farmers who wait patiently for the spring and summer rains to make their valuable crops grow.
Jas 5:10  My friends, follow the example of the prophets who spoke for the Lord. They were patient, even when they had to suffer.
Jas 5:19  My friends, if any followers have wandered away from the truth, you should try to lead them back.

1Pe 2:11  Dear friends, you are foreigners and strangers on this earth. So I beg you not to surrender to those desires that fight against you.

2Pe 1:10  My friends, you must do all you can to show that God has really chosen and selected you. If you keep on doing this, you won't stumble and fall.
2Pe 3:14  My friends, while you are waiting, you should make certain that the Lord finds you pure, spotless, and living at peace.
2Pe 3:17  My dear friends, you have been warned ahead of time! So don't let the errors of evil people lead you down the wrong path and make you lose your balance.

1Jn 3:2  My dear friends, we are already God's children, though what we will be hasn't yet been seen. But we do know that when Christ returns, we will be like him, because we will see him as he truly is.

Php 4:8  Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment